The first phase of legislative changes created by the Protection Condominium Owner’s Act, 2015 are in effect as of today, November 1, 2017.
Malvern’s team of Property Managers has been preparing for, and are ready to implement the changes taking effect with this initial phase of legislative change including, but not limited to:
- Licensing of all Managers on our team of staff as required under the Condominium Management Services Act, 2015.
- Registration of all Condominium Corporations under our management with the Condominium Authority of Ontario.
- Advising Boards related to their training obligations under the revised Condominium Act, 1998.
- Preparing and issuing Periodic Information Certificates (PIC), Information Certificate Updates (ICU), and New Owner Information Certificates (NOIC).
- Preparing mandatory preliminary notices of Owner’s meetings, and advising our clients regarding changes to quorum requirements.
Is it expected that the next phase of legislative changes will take effect January 1, 2018.
For further information, we invite interested readers to visit the websites for the Condominium Authority of Ontario and the Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario’s websites.