Malvern Condominium Property Management would like to assure you that the health and safety of our residents, property managers, visitors and staff is a top priority. We are working closely with Metro, Dufferin, Halton, Peel and York Region Public Health sectors to monitor and respond to any changes related to cold and flu season, including the Novel Coronavirus.
At this time, the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health and Public Health Officials have advised that the risk to our communities remains low.
You can take the following steps to prevent yourself from being exposed to the Novel Coronavirus in the same way you protect yourself against the common cold and flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home from work when you are ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We would also like to take this opportunity to urge you to rise up and be the shining light on inclusivity in terms of the racism, xenophobia and division being reflected in reactions to and coverage of Coronavirus. Recent reports of racism towards Asians as a result of this pandemic are extremely unfortunate. Ignorance is counterproductive to public health, as well as healthy communities.
If you have any questions or concerns about your health, please contact your healthcare practitioner.