Malvern Condominium Property Management would like to continue to assure you that the health and safety of our residents, property managers, visitors and staff is a top priority. We are working closely with Metro, Dufferin, Halton, Peel and York Region Public Health sectors to monitor and respond to any changes related to cold and flu season, including the Novel Coronavirus.
The virus outbreak is now considered a pandemic, and the public response has been swift and serious. School closures have been announced, major sporting events have been cancelled, and many retail institutions are implementing broad closures and safety restrictions.
We continue to encourage you to take reasonable precautions relating to this public health crisis. Please consider the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home from work when you are ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are sick and must enter the common areas, please wear a mask and have clean hands.
- If you have a suspected or confirmed case of COVID19, notify building staff immediately so we can take appropriate disinfection steps.
We have instructed staff members in our buildings to pay close attention to sterilization of commonly touched areas such as elevator buttons and door knobs. As well, we have contractors available on stand-by for disinfection services in the event that we do experience any confirmed cases of COVID19 in our communities.
The public supply of hand sanitizer is extremely limited and we may not be able to provide same for resident use.
Please keep in mind that our team members are not public health officials and we will be unable to answer any questions about specific health risks associated with COVID19. We encourage you to download our mobile app for access to real-time public health updates. Visit your community website for a link to download the app.
We continue to monitor this situation closely. Some communities may elect to postpone Owner’s meetings and close amenities such as gyms and party rooms.
As of March 16, 2020, the following health and safety protocols have been implemented for our team of staff:
- Our onsite offices remain staffed, but will be closed for in person visits from our clients. Please reach out to our team by email or phone for assistance.
- Our head office is closed to visitors.
- Our team of staff will not be in attendance for any in person meetings. Board meetings will either be rescheduled or held by electronic means. We are encouraging all clients with owner’s meetings scheduled in the next 40 days to consider cancelling before they incur mailing costs. It is unknown at this time how long public health will encourage the cancellation of large gatherings.
- In the event of confirmed or suspected COVID19 within a community, our staff will be unable to attend the site until such time that appropriate disinfection protocols have been completed.
- All non-emergency unit entries are suspended until further notice. In the event of an emergency requiring same, staff will assess appropriate health and safety protocols before entering the unit.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding.